Friday 13 February 2015

HERE'S ONE I MADE EARLIER ....

And it came about through Carys Hedd of Wench Wear who taught & inspired me to start this upcycling fun .. ( see link below these posts)  
When she and Jade Mellor opened their fab shop Melfed in Cardigan last year, with Jade's delicious foraged foods & Carys's wonderful garments ,  (also see their Facebook page)  I won a raffle prize at their opening to spend a day on one of Carys's upcycling courses there,  turning old jerseys into a tunic dress ...   
Well I ended up finishing the garment at home,  and the skills I expanded that day came in very handy for making the costumes I wrote about on my previous post ....  

I hadn't photographed it,  but Pete was playing with my phone today ..  and here is the record of  what happened when a tibetan jacket I bought in Darjeeling nearly 30 years ago met a  jersey I have had a long time too ...   
I so recommend cutting up those clothes you no longer wear  :-)  This is so much more fun,  feels like new, and the old clothes aren't wasted .. win win.
Have a go , or ask me and I will enjoy doing it for you ....






No comments:

Post a Comment